Isn't it wonderful when you see old friends that you haven't see in a long time and they look at you and say, "You haven't changed a bit!"? When you know you look older, heavier, and different from the last time they saw you?
That's happened to me twice now this summer. Once in Phoenix in June, and once today here in Rochester. Now in June, the woman I had lunch with I hadn't seen in THIRTY FIVE years. And it was wonderful. Yeah, we both looked older, but we both looked pretty good still, and would have known each other anywhere.
Today, I had lunch with a guy I worked with back in Flagstaff in the late 80's and early 90's. He's probably 15 or so years younger than I am. He and his wife had one baby when I left there, they now have 3 kids, the youngest is 10. We had a blast for an hour and a half talking about old times and people from then and now.
It's just cool. And I wanted to share.

Blessings,
Amy July 30, 2009


This entry was posted on 8:45 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

    Sherri Murphy said...

    Amy, thanks for your email and I saw where you love photography- my son is a photographer and I'm just starting to learn a little bit about it and I love it too!

    And yes, it is great catching up with old friends, and also finding new ones! Glad to have "met" you!

  1. ... on August 4, 2009 at 5:28 PM  
  2. Amy M. Fry said...

    You too Sherri! Maybe we can blunder along with our cameras 'together'. What I've learned so far is Practice, Practice, Practice!!!!! :)

  3. ... on August 7, 2009 at 10:02 PM