For those of you who may have happened on Observations From the Ether in the last 10 weeks or so, I've been a bit busy.

Observations From the Ether has temporarily moved to www.caringbridge.org/visit/richardfry

My wonderful husband Richard was hit by a car while riding his custom Harley on July 10, 2010 at 4:38pm on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon.

Last night, September 17th, was the FIRST NIGHT he's spent out of a hospital in 10 weeks.  He's been at the Denver VA In-Patient Rehab Unit since August 6th; and is now on a weekend pass for the first time, and should transfer to official Out-Patient status on Monday, September 20, 2010, after he's done with all his therapies for the day.

He and I will live at Fisher House (sort of a Ronald McDonald House for VA families), for perhaps the next month. Might be longer if he continues to grow and learn. When he plateaus in his ability, they will discharge us.  I've been staying at this wonderful house since August 9th. (I had to hotel it for 3 nights until a room opened up here).

So, YES, this blog is still up and running.  I may actually have things to say that don't pertain (exactly) TO the accident, but maybe stuff God has taught me THROUGH the accident! And now I will be to the hospital only 3 hours a day, 4 days a week instead of 7, I may actually have time to put some of those thoughts down here! Whooo Hooo.

In case you're interested, and haven't been to the caring bridge site, please go and skim over the journey we've been on since the 10th of July.

Blessings,
Amy


This entry was posted on 5:59 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Unknown said...

    you are invited to follow my blog

  1. ... on January 11, 2011 at 7:16 PM