8Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for MY strength is made perfect in weakness."
2Corinthians 8-9. NKJV

The Lord said "No" to Paul. He did not take 'this thing' away from him. And in the Garden, He said "No" to His Son as well, when He asked His Father to "take this cup from Me."
It strongly occurs to me today, that whatever our weakness, whatever our 'thorn', infirmity, trial, or sickness, God does not have to heal us. He wants us to lean on Him. To rely totally on Him to get us through whatever trials we are facing. HIS grace is completely sufficient; meaning HIS grace is all we need to endure any trials or illness that comes our way! He's waiting for us to call out to Him for His help; for His grace and His mercy. And when we do, the grace, mercy and love, that can only come from the One who created us, will envelope us and give us the strength we need to endure whatever it is we're dealing with. And we are better for it.

Lord,
Today, when facing troubles, please grant me Your grace. May I remember to lean on You in all things, so Your strength is made perfect in my weakness. Amen
June 25, 2009


This entry was posted on 3:41 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: